NEWLY REVISED: Churches that are seeking to leave or have left the PCUSA for another Reformed body: Updated 1/21/15 (PDF file of the chart can be accessed here.)
The PCUSA 2014: How we got here updated 7/24/14 by Carmen Fowler LaBerge
The Altered Identity of the PCUSA Updated 9/6/13 (download pdf)
Why marriage traditionalists are unprotected in PCUSA, by Alan F.H. Wisdom
Why the Authoritative Interpretation does more than you think, By Carmen Fowler LaBerge
Presbyterians’ procedural problems, by Joseph D. Small
At what cost unity? by Dr. James C. Goodloe IV, executive director of The Foundation for Reformed Theology
The Church One and Holy, by Dr. James C. Goodloe IV, executive director of The Foundation for Reformed Theology
Presbyterian Lay Committee’s Legal Resource Databank (legal documents; updated 11/3/14)
- Presbytery dismissal policies: The good, the bad and the ugly, by Lloyd J. Lunceford
- Presbytery dismissal policies ‘do great harm to local churches’ by Lloyd J. Lunceford
- GAPJC declares presbyteries must consider property values when dismissing congregations
- Tightening the screws on conservatives at every conceivable turn
- Church Property Disputes: A Resource for Those Representing Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Presbyteries and True Churches in the Civil Courts
- Processes for use by presbyteries in responding to congregations seeking to withdraw
PCUSA resource:Legal Resource Manual for Presbyterian Church (USA) Middle Governing Bodies and Churches, third edition (2010)
PCUSA resource: Negotiation and church conflict
Denomination Comparison (EPC, ECO, EPC- added 9/12/12)
Differences between the PCUSA/ECO/EPC (comparison charts)
Below are links to position papers and summaries of the discernment process for congregations that have made — or are making — a decision to leave the PCUSA.
Los Ranchos engaged in a presbytery-wide process.
Colonial Presbyterian Church, Kansas City, MO and Overland Park, Kan.
- Summary of Discernment Process to Determine Denominational Affiliation
- Denominational Affiliation – Discernment Process – Position Paper
Fremont Presbyterian Church, Sacramento, Calif.
The Watchman’s Cry, Woodbury Presbyterian, Orlando, Fla.
Eastminster Presbyterian Church, Marietta, Ga.
Why choose the PCUSA? prepared by the Presbyterian Mission Agency (April 2013)
A series of Why Stay videos from Olympia Presbytery
Appeal by denominational leaders for churches to re-think leaving