For more information on resources you or your church could use while discerning your future in the PCUSA, contact Paula Kincaid at email@example.com or call (828) 758-8716. And don’t forget to keep in contact with the latest Presbyterian happenings by signing up for our email list. Just click here to sign up.
Click on the screen below to go to the video series by Lloyd Lunceford, wherein he gives helpful counsel about church property issues.
The PCUSA 2014: How we got here updated 7/24/14 by Carmen Fowler LaBerge
The Altered Identity of the PCUSA Updated 9/6/13 (download pdf)
Why marriage traditionalists are unprotected in PCUSA, by Alan F.H. Wisdom
Presbyterians’ procedural problems, by Joseph D. Small
Believers in unbelieving churches: What should be done by Christian people who are in a modernist church? Written by Dr. J. Gresham Machen
At what cost unity? by Dr. James C. Goodloe IV, executive director of The Foundation for Reformed Theology
The Church One and Holy, by Dr. James C. Goodloe IV, executive director of The Foundation for Reformed Theology
Presbyterian Lay Committee’s Legal Resource Databank (legal documents; updated (1/5/17)
- Presbytery dismissal policies: The good, the bad and the ugly, by Lloyd J. Lunceford
- Presbytery dismissal policies ‘do great harm to local churches’ by Lloyd J. Lunceford
- GAPJC declares presbyteries must consider property values when dismissing congregations
- Tightening the screws on conservatives at every conceivable turn
- Church Property Disputes: A Resource for Those Representing Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Presbyteries and True Churches in the Civil Courts
- Processes for use by presbyteries in responding to congregations seeking to withdraw
PCUSA resource:Legal Resource Manual for Presbyterian Church (USA) Middle Governing Bodies and Churches, third edition (2010)
PCUSA resource: Negotiation and church conflict
Corporate charter and bylaws of Presbyterian Church (USA), filed and recorded in 1986.
Comparison of basic beliefs and view points of three Presbyterian denominations (EPC, ECO, EPC- updated 2/6/14)
Below are links to position papers and summaries of the discernment process for congregations that have made — or are making — a decision to leave the PCUSA.
Why choose the PCUSA? prepared by the Presbyterian Mission Agency (April 2013)
Why Stay video Part 1: A video from Tropical Florida Presbytery and
Appeal by denominational leaders for churches to re-think leaving